29 minutes Beginner
This course will guide the participant through the requirements for sizing a remote area found in NFPA 13. Participants in this class will learn the basic concepts for sizing a remote area. Students that complete this course will be able to:
- Select the remote area size from figure 22.214.171.124.1 in NFPA 13
- Identify when the ‘Quick Response Reduction’ may be applied
- Determine the correct reduction in remote area size permitted with the ‘Quick Response Reduction’
- Determine when the size of a remote area needs to be increased
- Determine the required minimum length of a remote area.