Greetings from the Academy
Welcome to the inaugural edition of Inside the Academy, a monthly newsletter from The Academy of Fire Sprinkler Technology for fire protection industry professionals, including the Academy’s present and former students. Our goal is to provide useful and timely information in a easy-to navigate, bite-size format. We encourage feedback from you, our audience, so that each month we are able to better serve you. Also, we want you to share this newsletter as much as possible with your co-workers and other industry professionals who may be interested in the content that we provide. In the upcoming months, you can expect to see the following sections and contributions in Inside the Academy:
- New at the Academy. This section highlights news at the academy centered around our courses, curriculum, and staff.
- From the Director’s Desk. Our Director, Michelle Potenberg, offers insights related to academy and the field, at large.
- Introducing. This section introduces members of our staff, Board of Directors, affiliates, and others in the field.
- News from the Field. Updates in state laws, codes, and other pertinent information will be featured here.
- Upcoming Events. Academy courses, other training opportunities, and industry gatherings will be listed here.
- Guest Columns. Industry experts and friends of the academy will offer their expertise for those new to the industry and those seeking to learn more.
- All in Good Fun. Humor and musings.
Thank you and we look forward to your feedback.